Every people who suffer from migraine wants to get rid of this unbearable pain for good. No matter how many times you search for how to cure migraine permanently, you will not find any permanent solution to this problem.
But, don’t despair. You can totally get control over your migraine if you strictly follow “how to get rid of a migraine fast without medication.” When you will know what are the things that trigger this pain, and avoid doing certain things, you are on the driving seat.
Without wasting further time, let’s see how you can get over this pain.
Understanding The Migraine
Migraine refers to a continuous throbbing headache in one side of the head.
It is an issue of neurobiological disorder related to the nervous system. And most of the time, it is somewhat associated with genetic, environmental, and some biological factors. These factors are the primary reasons why the nervous system triggers its sensitivity.
So, you are dealing with a nervous issue that cannot be cured by taking antibiotics, neither it’s a tumor that can be taken care of by removing it surgically.
However, in the sense of controlling your exposure to environmental and biological elements, you can learn “how to get rid of a migraine fast.”
Let’s Watch The Video of Migraine
Avoid Foods That Trigger Migraine
Some everyday food items trigger a migraine. So, you have to know “foods to eat when you have a migraine.” However, it varies from person to person. If you haven’t able to control your migraine issue, try to avoid the foods below and see if it helps.
- Aged cheese is one of the common food that triggers migraines in most people. Whenever you are about to have cheese and use cheese in any food, make sure it’s not aged cheese.
- Let me make it clear. If you want to get rid of migraines, then you must avoid alcohol such as red wine and beer at any cost. Most of the time when people start to avoid consuming alcohol, it significantly reduces the issue for them.
- Unfortunately, chocolate is on the list. I can’t certainly say it’s the chocolate that causing you such pain, but it would be worth trying if you avoid chocolate for a few months and feel anything good.
- Avoid having cured meats.
- Take food preservatives as your enemy in this journey. Avoid preservatives such as nitrates, artificial sweeteners, and MSG. Many people found that food preservatives were actually behind the scene.
- Avoid smoked fish.
- Don’t even come closer to yeast extract as well until you figure out a solution.
On the flip side, if you decide not to eat anything and starve most of the time, it will also cause you a migraine. Prolonged hunger has a good reputation in the world of migraine to give people severe headaches.
When you don’t listen to your stomach for prolonged hours, it starts to lower your sugar levels, and even worsen the headaches. To overcome this, try to eat small meals throughout the day so that your sugar levels don’t fall drastically.
You May Also Like: Disadvantages Of Sleeping Without Pillow
Foods To Eat When You Have A Migraine
After avoiding foods that might trigger a migraine, now you need to focus on foods that can prevent a migraine from happening to you.
For most of the people who suffer from migraine, it’s the imbalanced diet that is triggering the issue again and again. When you eat a healthful diet that includes vegetables, fruits, fresh foods, lean proteins, and whole grains, you will be able to reduce migraine significantly.
Grains, Bread, and Cereals good for Migraine
Foods You can have
- You are free to have cereals that don’t contain dried fruits, nuts, or aspartame.
- Sesame seed bagels or plain? Yeap.
- If zucchini bread and pumpernickel bread is your favorite, you can still have them.
- You can eat crackers during snack time. But, avoid flavored ones.
- Wheat, white, rye? Absolutely yes.
- You are good to go with potato chips and pretzels as well.
Foods You Need to Avoid
- Foods that contain fresh homemade bread.
- Highly seasoned and flavored chips, crackers.
- Soft pretzels.
Meats, Seeds, and Nuts
Foods You can have
- You can have fresh chicken, beef, fish, lamb, turkey
- Pumpkin seeds, poppy seeds, and sesame seeds
- Naturally flavored sunflower seeds
Foods to Avoid
- Chicken and beef livers
- Marinated and breaded meats
- Nut butters
- Last but not least, flavored popcorn
Fruits and Vegetables
Foods to have
- You can have all the fresh vegetables and fruits
- Preservative-free lettuce (bagged)
Foods You Need to Avoid
- Instant mashed or boxed potatoes
- Citrus fruits
- Preserved dried fruits
- Navy and lima beans
- And sauerkraut
In addition, eat foods which are rich in magnesium such as almonds, brazil nuts, oatmeal, milk, eggs, cashews, peanut butter, etc.
You May Also Like: How to stop snoring immediately
Other Factors That Trigger Migraine
Other than foods, there are some other things that cause migraine as well.
1. Environmental Changes
Radical changes in the environment trigger migraine such as when the season changes, atmospheric pressure, storms, etc.
2. Sensory Stimulation
Several researches have found that bright lights, smoke, certain smells, excessive continuous noise are major sources that cause migraine issue to happen in the majority of people.
When a woman goes to hormonal changes during her menstrual cycles and pregnancy, it also triggers several headaches to some.
4. Stress Migraine
Generally, stress can give anyone a severe headache. But when someone sensitive to migraine pain is under stress, the situation gets even worse.
How Do You Get Rid Of A Migraine?
People freak out when they undergo a severe headache. But the situation demands us to calm down and do things that can reverse the pain. These are a list of things to do to reduce migraine pain;
1. Ice For Headache – Cold Pack
When you have the pain, wrap ice cubes in a towel or a bag and place it to your forehead for 15 minutes. Give a break of about 15 minutes and repeat the process if you feel it’s working for you.
2. Stay In Low Lights
As bright lights cause migraine, if you do the opposite, it will help you to reduce the pain. So, if you are at home, stay away from screens and go to a dark room. When you are outside, wear black sunglasses.
3. Have Some Caffeine
A lot of people feel relief when they drink tea or coffee during a migraine. Although it will not reduce the pain completely, it will reduce the pain to a bearable level.
4. Migraine Treatment Yoga
Sign in for yoga classes to help your body to get relaxed. You will learn how to chill out even during the pain.
5. Get Some Ginger
If you take ginger on a daily basis, it will significantly reduce the chances of migraine. Also, during the pain, it will keep the pain under a bearable condition.
6. Migraine Relief Pressure Points
If the issue is due to stress, then getting a few minutes of massage around your temples and neck will help to reduce the pain.
7. Migraine Relief Medicine
Certain medications can reduce migraine pain, but you have to consult a doctor first. Take medications as a last resort as taking pain killer on a regular basis leaves severe damages to our organs such as kidney and liver.
As I have said before, there will be no straightforward answer to the question “how to cure migraine permanently?” But you can get good control over it by being a migraine expert and maintaining a balanced diet and avoiding things that trigger the migraine. Stay away from alcohol and preservative foods at any cost.
Don’t depend too much on supplements, rather try how not to get the issue triggered in the first place.