How To Use A Body Pillow
Knowing How to Use a Body Pillow relieves a lot of stress from your body providing numerous health benefits along the way.
When in the market for a body pillow, you’re sure to get spoiled for choice in a flash. You could get huggie pillows, weird body pillows, heated body pillows, and lots more to provide better sleep support.
A hug body pillow is mostly preferred by stomach sleepers, but it can be easily used by any type of sleeper.
With the versatile nature of the body pillow in mind, its best we take a look at other ways body pillows can be used for getting a more comfy rest.
How to Use a Body Pillow for Snoring
Using a hugging body pillow as a snorer is a good way to get relief from those oinking naps. A pillow that hugs you back provides comfort for your torso, and when you’re well-rested, you won’t experience any snoring.
Snoring mainly occurs as a result of inadequate airflow through your lungs and nostrils. With a good sleep support coupled with the right posture provides better air flow through your respiratory system. With this, snoring is limited or even eliminated.
How to Use a Body Pillow for Back Pain
Back pain is one of the main problems people face today. A major percentage of back pain sufferers experience this pain while sleeping.
Well, the good news is, a body pillow could help you make that pain go away! When you sleep hugging a pillow, pressure is relieved from all regions of your back, and you’ll get better rest on the pillow.
For side sleepers
As a side sleeper, you don’t have much to do to sleep with a body pillow. These pads come in a design that fits your sleeping position effortlessly.
- Side sleeping with a body pillow involves;
- Placing the pillow between the region of your neck and shoulders
- Adjust your shoulders to prevent shoulder pain
- Keep your waist and side a bit leant forward
- Bend your legs forward in an aligned position if possible
For back sleepers
Back sleepers are the most likely to experience back pain. You should pay more attention to these steps if you’re a current back sleeper experiencing back pain. Note that you may need more than one pillow to prevent back pain.
- Lie face up on your bed
- Use one pillow to provide support for your neck and back
- Use a second pillow as a support under your knees to elevate your back relieving any pressure in the process
For stomach sleepers
Stomach sleepers can use the body pillow in this manner to prevent back pain;
- Lie on your stomach
- Place the pillow at an area within your chin and chest for a high stomach sleeper. For a low stomach sleeper, place the pad between your chest and stomach area
- This position keeps your body even across the bed, and also limits pressure build-up on any area of your back
How to Use a Body Pillow during Pregnancy
Hugging pillow body cushions are ideal for sleeping during pregnancy when you know how to use them.
What you mustn’t do at any time is keep pressure on your stomach. Let’s see how to use your body pillow;
- Lie on your side
- Use a separate pad for supporting your head and neck
- Use the body pillow to support your stomach
- Ensure the pillow doesn’t set in under your stomach
With this posture, you can rest on your side while pregnant with ease. Note that it isn’t advisable to sleep on your back when pregnant.
Now that you’re in the know of everything body pillows, you’ve assured maximum comfort during your nap time.